Fantastical Creatures Field Guide
Let’s use our imaginations to create a field guide of fun creatures with our elders and quarantined friends, in this time when they need it the most.
- Video call a friend.
- One person will be a Describer, the other will be the Drawer. The drawer will need a piece of paper and a writing utensil.
- The Describer describes a creature and The Drawer draws the creature being described. Ask questions like:
How many eyes does it have?
How big is its body/head/etc?
Does it have fur? Scales?
Does it walk? Swim? Fly? Ooze?
Does it have legs? Arms? Wings? How many? What Kind?
Where does it live?
Get creative with your questions! The more detail you get, the more detail your creature will have!
- The Describer comes up with the scientific name of this creature and The Drawer writes it neatly somewhere on the page.
- The Describer provides information about this creature’s habitat, diet, and temperament. The Drawer incorporates this into their picture.
- Switch roles and repeat steps 3–5.
- Reveal the drawings to one another!
- Scan or take a picture of your drawings and share it with us using the submission form at the top of this page!