Pandemic Time Capsule
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we've felt emotions of loss and loneliness. We long for our lives before this disruption. We've reflected on what has made us feel happy and sad during quarantine; however, I wonder how we might think about this experience 5+ years from now.
- Find an object that represents joy to you during this pandemic.
- Find an object that represents sadness to you during this pandemic.
- Write a letter reflecting on your feelings and the experience of quarantine.
- Find a container — An indoor time capsule can be a shoe box or egg carton. An outdoor time capsule can be a plastic container, a mason jar, an old metal coffee can, popcorn can or a stainless steel box. Place your objects in a “time capsule” — consider burying it where little to no rain hits.
- Choose how you want to share your timecapsule with us! You can lay all your objects out and take a photo or give us a video tour of your capsule. Then submit your photo or video using the submission form at the top of this page!