The point of this prompt is to draw a blind contour of yourself to capture the lines and shapes of your face and body. The goal is to feel the lines and learn to love the images you create through contour. They’re not going to be super pretty or well-done self portraits, however, they can show more of what’s on the inside.
- Get a piece of paper and a pen or pencil.
- Stand in front of the mirror with a hard surface to write on.
- Put you pencil down in the center of the paper.
- Without picking up your pencil, or looking at your paper, take a minute to draw the contours of your face and whatever parts of your body. Try to let your hand move across the paper as your eyes move across your face in the mirror. Feel it!
- Start to notice all the wonderful things about yourself, inside and out, through this contour drawing.
- Share your drawings with us by using the submission form at the top of this page!