A Valentine for Anytime
Valentine's Day is often a holiday where we tell the people we care about how important they are to us. This is often done through punny cards and loving letters. During these isolating times, where most communication with loved ones is virtual, reaching out to someone in a physical way can speak volumes. This concept isn’t just for romantic relationships but for friends and family too. And why wait for one day a year? So, whether it’s February or July, take the time to send a friend a valentine!
- Choose a friend you wish to send a valentine to.
- Think of an experience the two of you shared that was special to you. This could be anything and is unique to you! Maybe it’s a late night drive you took, a hike, or a sleepover you had 5 years ago.
- Design a card around this experience. Use the size and shape of the card as well as colors and illustrations to call to mind specific aspects of this memory. Remember, this is a valentine for anytime so it doesn’t have to look like a traditional Valentine’s Day card.
- Once the structure is designed, write inside your card the experience you chose to share. Make sure to say why it was important or special to you.
- Take a picture of the card you designed and share it using the submission form at the top of this page. You do not have to include the personal written message.
- Mail the letter!