Using only nature & the materials in your backyard, create a sculpture/piece of artwork that represents yourself or how you feel while stuck in quarantine. Gather rocks, branches, hoses, an old shovel, whatever you have laying around in your backyard. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. Use your phone to document the process through a time-lapse, short video, or photo. Feel free to share using #togetherapart and tagging @friendtorship on social media. Then explore other people’s creations and compare on the website. The goal is to familiarize yourself with the materials you have laying around the yard and to create a community of backyard builds.
- Go to your backyard or any outdoor space.
- Gather stones, branches, leaves, and any material in the immediate area.
- Choose a workspace and setup your phone to record a time lapse of the process
- Create! Build a sculpture piece with your materials. Get your hands dirty.
- Upload the time lapse video and a final pic to Together/Apart.